Saturday, February 4, 2017

Perseverance



IBS 9


Revelation 1:9


“I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”


This morning I woke up knowing I was to lead worship. I woke up feeling completely unequipped. I felt empty. I asked the Lord for a fresh out pour of His spirit and a new heart to submit to Him in worship; but the frustration I felt towards myself hindered me from truly allowing the Lord to do the work I asked of Him. This area of leading worship is new training ground for me. I am so comfortable with privately worshipping the Lord alone in my room that I am learning to offer this precious time to Him. He is the one who gave me the hands to press down the strings with, a voice to declare His goodness with and the rhythm in my spirit to strum. He is asking me set myself aside and to invite others into my favorite time with Him. In Revelation 1:9 I really see Johns desire to encourage the churches in Asia. He acknowledges that they are one body and we all walk this life as brothers and sisters. We are companions in tribulations, companions in the kingdom and companions in patience of Jesus. Before breakfast I went to Shannon and told her how I was feeling and we prayed together. The Lord taught me that it takes patience for the work He calls me to, to be complete. He is peeling off the dried and cracked layers of paint I call my identity and my treasures; only to prime me and paint me a whole new color. He is preparing me to withstand. I know from this morning that I cannot neglect the power of denying myself for the body of Christ. The best thing the devil can do is isolate my mind; but I can press on in patience; knowing God sees the completed work He’s called me to and that there is power in the body of Christ.


Application: When I begin to feel unequipped and frustrated, I will first go to a quiet place and ask the Lord for help. I will continually set myself aside to worship Him. I will ask Shannon to hold me accountable to laying myself aside in worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment