Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Contentment



IBS 12


Luke 3:14

“Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”

                                                                                                                       

In Luke chapter 3, John the Baptist is addressing a group of people who are inquiring of what they need to do in order to bear fruit. In this verse, John is specifically addressing soldiers. When I read this I relate to these men, knowing that I am a soldier for Christ. “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely.” In relationships, especially when ministering to others, these are two very important concepts. I am a soldier for the Kingdom, but I have no authority. “Be content with your wages.” I see this in two ways; be content in what your financial wage is, or in your ministry harvest. On Wednesdays we have a kids club; anywhere between 100-150 kids come. A kids club here in Antigua consists of a time of playing soccer, Frisbee, volleyball, then a time of dancing to songs. We then split up into different groups based on ages and have a lesson. The past two weeks I have been involved with the older girls study group. (Ages 11-15) In my heart I want to reach out and minister to these girls, but I know that a lot of these girls come from difficult homes and backgrounds. We are very different. This being said, they may look at me, being a blonde white girl and feel intimidated. I have left the past two kids clubs feeling discontent, because I want to communicate, I want to minister to them the love and freedom that Christ brings. But what God may have for me in a moment with these girls may simply be a smile and use of the few Spanish words I know.


Application: Before kids club tomorrow, I will get alone with the Lord and ask Him for the compassion, discernment and contentment for whatever He has in store for that Kids Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment