Saturday, January 28, 2017

Wisdom



IBS 5


Ephesians 5:15-17


“See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”


This life is not my own. This is a truth the Lord is bringing to light in my life. I knew my life wasn’t my own before coming into Ignite, but it was more head knowledge than understanding and application. The more I understand that I was not made for me the more I long to die to myself the way Jesus died for me. Since being here in Antigua, the Lord has been peeling off layers of myself that I didn’t even know were affecting my walk with Him. I could read the words in this verse “redeeming the time” and franticly try to fill my time with acts of service. I could consciously go out of my way to do something nice for someone, which is not a bad thing. But God doesn’t want what I think I should do. God wants me to let Him lead me by the Holy Spirit and walk in obedience where He calls me. A faulty mindset the Lord revealed to me I had was the desire to work “for” Him, rather than “unto” Him. I have to wake up at 6:30 each morning. My first week here in Guatemala one of the mornings was harder to get up. I pulled my body up until I was sitting straight up and thought, “Okay Lord, I am going to make my bed for You with joy.” Again, this is not a bad mindset, but God doesn’t need me to make my bed for Him. He could make it if He wanted to. But God wants me to make it unto Him; in submission and with thanksgiving. The will of the Lord is not for me to work for Him. He doesn’t need me. But I get to serve Him with my life; even in the little things. The Lord has showed me that redeeming the time is not the work I do, but the time I spend with Him and then pouring into others. God wants me to be a servant; wherever I am, whoever I am with, whatever I am doing.


My Application: I can redeem my time by spending more quality time with the Lord; then pouring out myself because He filled me. I will read my Bible before I go to bed each night and continually ask the Lord to change this mindset of working for Him into a service unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment