Saturday, January 28, 2017

Wisdom



IBS 3


James 1:5


“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”


I forget this verse too often. I think in my own understanding when I am trying to pursue a heart of wisdom I run to reading the word and trying to put into practice the truths of wisdom that I read. In this I unconsciously neglect the simple fact that I can freely ask Him for wisdom. But instead of asking Him, I try to figure wisdom out on my own. Yesterday we had over and hour of time to be alone with the Lord; we call this time On the Mount. As I was reading in my Bible and talking to the Lord He revealed to me how I so easily fall into the mindset that when I read my Bible it is my responsibility to pull truth out of it; as if revelation of truth comes from me. This is a "textbook" mindset. What I mean by this is that if I open my Bible with the expectation that I am going to learn, and I am going to define what I read, I would be denying the Holy Spirit the ability to reveal Himself to me. I immediately repented and asked Him to reveal Himself to me by the power of His Holy Spirit. What I think doesn't define the truth. I need to step out of the way to let Him show me who He is fresh each day. What a vast God I serve and get to know! When I want to get to know people, I dont sit down and tell them who I think they are. I listen to what they have to say, I watch their character and allow time spent with them to reveal who they truly are. Why should I handle my relationship with Jesus any different? I would be a fool to neglect getting to know Him truthfully, allowing Him to reveal Himself and not listening to what He has to say.
Application: Every time I open my Bible to spend time with the Lord, I will ask Him for a fresh out pour of the Holy Spirit,for a revelation of Himself to me through the Holy Spirit and the wisdom to apply what He has revealed to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment