Saturday, January 28, 2017

Wisdom



IBS 4  


2 Corinthians 1:12


“For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.”


In 2 Corinthians Paul is praising the church in Corinthians for their change of behavior. He is boasting in the work Jesus has done in and through him and Timothy in encouragement. In verse 8 Paul writes, “For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even life.” Now in verse 12 Paul is writing from the victory stand point declaring that the Lord delivered them from this suffering. I am thankful for the example Paul is. Paul allowed himself to suffer for the sake of the gospel, even not knowing the outcomes. I know in my life I am going to suffer, at times beyond what I think I can bear, but I am always promised a way out. Paul writes multiples times that we should count it our joy when going through struggles. Our struggles reveal our problems which allow for us to submit to the Lord and let Him do a work in us.


Application: When faced with struggles, or suffering, I will boast in the name of Jesus. That no suffering I experience on this earth will ever replace the suffering He underwent on the cross for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment